Sources of Information About You.
In order to provide our Services, we may collect the following types of information:
Information you provide: If you use certain Services, you may be required to provide us certain information. We may combine this information with cookies or other sources of information to enhance the user experience.
- When you register for our Services, we ask you for personal information, such as your name, email address, mobile phone number, and an account password.
- When you send us an email or other communication, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- When you are using our Services, we collect information about your account transactions.
- Your responses to surveys or questionnaires that we might ask you to complete.
Information received from a healthcare or service provider: We may obtain personal information about you from a health plan, physician, health care professional, hospital, clinic, laboratory, pharmacy, medical facility, or other health care provider that has provided payment, treatment, or services to you or on your behalf.
Information we collect from your use of the Services and other interactions you have with us:
- We may collect and store your usage information about how you use the Services, including your access times, location, browser types and language, transactions with Interactive Voice Response (“IVR”) systems, and Internet Protocol addresses. We may collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services. This information is collected and may or may not include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve and to deliver better and more personalized Services, including but not limited to enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Local Stored Objects. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Services. Local stored objects are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. Local stored objects help us enhance your experience on our website.
- Interactive Voice Response. IVR is an automated voice-response technology that allows our systems to interact with you when you call us through the use of voice applications or by touch on a telephone keypad. This allows us to gather information related to your call and route your call to the appropriate representative.
How We Use Information.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services and customer support you request;
- To extent necessary to process and complete transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- To communicate with you by email, text message, or phone regarding our Services and your satisfaction with our Services;
- To customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- To track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services;
- To compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties;
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
We may use information we collect to send you news, surveys, and information about our Services and to communicate with you about products, services, contests, promotions, incentives, and rewards offered by us and select partners. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Patientco by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the instructions in those emails or text messages you receive from us. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. We may use service providers, contractors, and other third parties to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and only use it for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
Our Disclosure of Your Information.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third parties for the purpose of marketing, industry analysis, demographic profiling, and other lawful purposes. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To respond to legal requirements, including but not limited to responding or complying with any government or regulatory request, court order, or other legal process;
- To an actual or prospective buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Patientco’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Patientco about our users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it and to perform functions on our behalf;
- To third party service providers, including but not limited to any of your healthcare providers or any of our marketing or financial partners for business or marketing purposes;
- To our partners to provide specific services, which may include advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With your consent or direction;
- To enforce or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety; and
- For any lawful purpose.
Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
We use generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. We protect your personal information by maintaining commercially acceptable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable law and regulations. We use computer safeguards, such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information transmitted to or through our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or within the Services.
Links to Other Web Sites; Third-Party Products & Applications.
If you use devices and/or accessories capable of voice service technology, including but not limited to Amazon Digital Services LLC’s (“Amazon”) Alexa voice services and/or Google LLC’s (“Google”) Google Home products and Google Assistant voice services, to obtain information about Patientco, including but not limited to our Services, you understand and acknowledge that you are also subject to and governed by the terms of the applicable third-party and their corresponding devices, accessories, and/or technology.
Additionally, some content or applications, including advertisements, on or through the Services are served by third-parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers and application providers. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. These third parties may use, without limitation, cookies, alone or in conjunction with web beacons or other tracking technologies, to collect information about you when you use our Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
The Services are not intended for use by anyone under the age of sixteen, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child under 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us so that we can delete the child’s information. The Services will never knowingly accept, collect, maintain or use any information from a child under the age of sixteen (16). If a child whom we know to be under the age of sixteen (16) sends personal information to us online, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child or notify parents.
“Do Not Track” Disclosures.
California Privacy Rights.
Under California law, California residents may opt-out of our disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for their marketing purposes. If you do not want us to disclose information to other companies for their marketing purposes, please contact us by any of the ways described in the “Contact Information” section below. Pursuant to 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information.
Requests for Change or Removal.
Patientco receives information about you with your consent from your health provider. If you would like to withdraw your consent or have your information updated or removed from Patientco and its systems, please contact your provider or call 1-844-422-4779 to speak to a Patientco representative.
If you have questions or concerns regarding privacy when using Patientco, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com or via postal mail at:
3333 Piedmont Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
Version 4.0 – Updated on October 5, 2018.