The HIMSS Revenue Cycle Improvement Task Force (RCITF) will showcase a patient’s full financial journey through a particular episode of care at the HIMSS17 Interoperability Showcase. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with market-leading revenue cycle technologies every step of the way and see how these technologies can work together to create a better patient financial experience. Patientco will be showcasing our enterprise payment platform alongside other members of the Task Force to help you design a patient revenue cycle solution that works together to best fit your needs and those of the patients you serve.
The technologies featured in this year’s RCITF showcase include:
- Search tools that take into account a patient’s health plan, deductible, location, and other factors to steer patients to in-network providers and avoid costly mistakes and network inefficiency.
- Price transparency and estimation tools that can deliver a customized quote to the patient at the time of registration.
- Eligibility and verification tools that take into account a patient’s past EHR records and two-factor authentication
- Healthcare-specific point-of-service payment tools to accept multiple payment methods at the time of care and securely store payment information to streamline future transactions.
- Tools that allow the patient and provider to determine follow-up care that takes into account the patient’s insurance status.
- The latest advances in patient-friendly billing including self-service payment plans and online payment tools that allow clear communication between patient and provider.
The purpose of the task force is to bring together healthcare providers, technology vendors, and industry experts to address the evolving revenue cycle management needs of patients and providers and cast a vision for what the future of the revenue cycle could look like. Representatives from technology vendors, payers, and providers will be present to allow you to share in the fruits of this collaboration.
For a preview of what you can expect from the Interoperability Showcase, check out the Patient Financial Experience of the Future Microsite: http://www.himss.org/library/health-business-solutions/revenue-cycle-resources
For more information on the 2017 HIMSS Revenue Cycle Improvement Task Force and its work, please visit http://www.himss.org/library/health-business-solutions/journey.